Welcome to our Mandarin Wesleyan Church
We sincerely hope that our website would be able to provide you with our church history, our mission and vision, our community Life! Group activities, church organized community activities, our worship service time and announcements. Mandarin Wesleyan Church is a Biblical truth upholding gospel church.
We welcome all Christians and non-Christians to join us for our Worship Service and community gatherings. Through our church family life together, we will love, care and encourage one another, we grow and experience the grace of God together! Our church’s pastor and congregation invite and welcome you to visit us and attend our gatherings. We are very eager to meet you and share with you the peace and joy from God. May our Lord bless you and be with you always!
Our Mission Statement
We are entrusted this mission: Worshiping the true God, Proclaiming the Good News, Discipling the believers, Buidling the fellowship, Ministering to the community.
Our Vision Statement
We are bestowed such vision: One of the Mandarin worship and disciple training center serving Greater Ottawa areas, a gospel preaching post, a mission church with glorifying God and expanding the Kingdom of God as our ultimate purposes.
Mandarin Wesleyan Church Brief History
Kanata is also known as Silicon Valley North: during the Hi-tech blooming in the 90s, it attracted many skilled professionals and new Chinese immigrants settled their living in Kanata. A group of Christian families saw the needs and responded the calling to start the Mandarin ministry in this community.
In July 2003, the Mandarin ministry was being approved and accepted as the third Sunday worship congregation in Mandarin at Kanata Wesleyan Church. The Mandarin Sunday Service was officially started in November. Church families were united in reaching out to the Chinese community and proclaiming the God’s salvation through Jesus Christ.
In July 2006, 4 years later, Mandarin congregation once again taking a leap of faith, burden with the Lord’s Commission and blessing from the Wesleyan Church of Canada, Ottawa Mandarin Wesleyan Church was born from the Kanata Wesleyan Church. Since the formation of Mandarin ministry in 2003, the average attendance has grown from 30 people to about 90 people.
At present, we have a full-time mandarin pastor. Under the God’s grace and provision, Kanata Wesleyan Church provided us free facility usage to Sunday worship on Sunday; we truly experience God’s blessing in our ministry as a newly formed Mandarin church. May our God continues to use us and be a blessing to our countryman; be a outreach preaching point for God’s kingdom, preaching the gospel and fulfilling our Lord’s Great Commission!
Statement of Beliefs
- We believe in the one living and true God, both holy and loving, eternal, unlimited in power, wisdom, and goodness, the Creator and Preserver of all things. Within this unity there are three persons of one essential nature, power and eternity - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (Trinity).
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, truly God, truly man. He died on the cross and was buried, to be the sacrifice for our sins, and to bring us back into a right relationship with our Heavenly Father. Christ rose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, and there intercedes for us at the Father's right hand until He returns to judge all men at the last day.
- We believe that Christ's offering of himself, once and for all, through His sufferings and death on the cross, provides the perfect payment for the sins of the whole world. There is no other ground of salvation from sin but that alone. This payment is sufficient for every person and is unconditionally effective for the salvation of those mentally incompetent from birth, of those converted persons who have become mentally incompetent, and of children under the age of accountability. But it is effective for the salvation of those who reach the age of accountability only when they repent of their sins and exercise faith in Jesus Christ, as Lord and Saviour of their life.
- We believe that the books of the Old and New Testaments are the Holy Scriptures. They are the inspired and infallibly written word of God, without error in their original manuscripts and superior to all human authority. They have been transmitted to the present time without corruption of any essential doctrine.
We believe that they contain all things that are necessary to salvation; so that whatever is not read within its pages, nor be proved thereby, that it be believed as an article of faith, or be thought necessary to salvation.
- We believe that God calls and requires all mankind to "love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and to love our neighbours as ourselves", and that this summarizes the devine law as it is revealed in the Bible.
- We believe that the Christian church is the entire body of believers in Jesus Christ, who is the founder and only head of the church. The church on earth is to preach the pure word of God, properly administer the sacraments according to Christ's instructions, and live in obedience to all that Christ commands. A local church is a body of believers formally organized on gospel principles, meeting regularly for the purposes of evangelism, nurture, fellowship andworship. The Wesleyan Church is only one part of the whole body of believers.
- We believe that water baptism and the Lord's Supper are the sacraments of the church commanded by Christ. Water baptism is a sacrament of the church, commanded by our Lord and administered to believers. By means of this sacrament, believers declare their faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour. The Lord himself instituted the Lord's Supper, giving it as a means of remembering Him until He comes again, and as a seal of the new covenant between God and man. It is available to anyone who has put his or her personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the certainty of the personal return of Jesus Christ inspires holy living and zeal for the evangelization of the world.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection from the dead for all mankind - of the righteous, a resurrection to eternal life; of the unjust, to eternal damnation. We believe that the Scriptures clearly teach that there is a conscious personal existence after death. The final destiny of each man is determined by God's grace, mercy, and man's response. Heaven with its eternal glory and the blessedness of Christ's presence is the final abode of those who choose the salvation which God provides through Jesus Christ, but hell with its everlasting misery and separation from God is the final abode of those who neglect this great salvation.